Wana know just how easy this lava cake recipe is?? My 6 year old self could probably do it. Yup. THAT EASY!
This molten chocolate lava cake recipe takes only about 9 minutes in the oven! It’s smooth and decadent, with a perfect outer layer while remaining soft, gooey and melty on the inside.
Note: This recipe is good for two people. The key is to not over bake, otherwise you’ll lose the molten center. The bake time will change based on your oven’s idiosyncrasies, so I recommend testing it out first. Top it off with your favorite ice cream, fruits, nuts, caramel sauce, etc.
1/4 cup (60 grams) unsalted butter
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup (32 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (this will bring out the richness of the chocolate)
Toppings: fresh strawberries, raspberries, frozen blueberries, ice cream, powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray two 6 ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray (or butter it)- set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in 20-30 second increments, making sure to stir well in-between.
4. Whisk in powdered sugar until well combined, then add in egg, egg yolk, vanilla and mix until fully combined.
5. Add in flour and espresso powder and mix until just combined- making sure to not over mix.
6. Evenly divid the batter between the two prepared ramekinds.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes or until edges are firm, and the center is slightly soft. Note that baking time will depend on your oven (I would test one out at a time).
8. Remove from oven and let it stand for 1 minute. Then carefully invert each ramekin onto a small plate.
9. Now for toppings! Get creative with it and add your favorite fruits + ice cream :)